Field Time Week 18

“Now godliness with contentment is great gain.”
1 Timothy 6:6

God’s heart can be found in everything. In the small details and the big things. He never fails to amaze me. The more I reflect on God’s grace towards me, the more I discover how undeserving I am. My heart can get so caught up on the physical, but God goes so much deeper than the surface. In this slow period I find myself getting discontent and overthinking if this is what God has for me. At times I feel discouraged in not knowing what I am doing, but He picks me up and reminds me what I am called to do. To love others, lead them to Christ and to be a light in this dark world. It can be a slap in the face examining myself and seeing where my priorities are because they usually point back to my selfish wants instead of the Lord. Once my eyes are taken off myself I truly see why I am here. The people of Guatemala have forever impacted my life. The children here are filled with so much joy and laughter that it can turn anyones day around. Staying content in wherever God has me is my goal because once my eyes look for something else my heart hardens. One of the biggest things I fee like God has been showing me since being here is to seek Him in the mundane and in the slow times. He is teaching me to be wise with my time and how I spend it. And this slow time is making me be grateful for the crazy. Excited to be busy and excited to serve. Excited for everything that the Lord has in store. My application is to remain content in whatever God decided to do whether that’s in school or not in school this week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans 15:1