Field Time Week 20

“Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.”
Colossians 3:2

It is really easy to look at the world around me and be consumed on what’s going on or what’s not happening in my life. I have always been a big planner and tried to have each day mapped out. When I look at my life here it’s the complete opposite of anything I have been used to. God has been teaching me to let go of my desires and my plans and lay them at His feet. That always ending in something far better than I could ever plan out. I have always been someone with a 5 year plan hoping to be from point A to point B in a certain amount of time. I can truly say I have no idea where I’ll be this time next year and I am not worried about it one bit. And that alone blows my mind. One of the biggest things I have learned in this season is to not hold onto things. Learning that people disappoint and I myself can disappoint, but the Lord is always faithful. The more I live the more I realize that my life here shouldn’t be about fulfilling my own desires, but the desires the Lord has given me. Guatemala was not the place I wanted to end up in my field time when I first got here. But week by week my heart grew and broke for the people here. Coming into Ignite I asked the Lord to blow my mind, and that is exactly what He did. He showed me love like I have never seen through children I hardly knew. My heart is continuously growing for Guatemala because I have turned my eyes away from myself and towards the Lord and His plans for my life. He has blessed me abundantly in this season and I would never take back the time I have spent here. I pray to keep breaking and to keep seeking the Lord through every season. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans 15:1

Field Time Week 4