Field Time Week 23

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Communal living can be tough and tiring. Sharing a house with 18 people can even get overwhelming at times, but it has been so good. I have never been as close with the 18 people that I have only known for around 9 months. By this time we all know each others likes and dislikes and we defiantly know what buttons not to push. These verses are a good reminder for the home. Ministry starts in the home and if we can’t abide to what love says here our home will fall apart. Seeking the Lord daily is a must and treating each other with love is what has got us through these last 9 months. We about a week and a half left it is easier to distant myself from the people I am living with. It is easy to tell myself that I won’t have this forever so I begin to wind down, but that isn’t what the Lord is calling me to do. He is calling me to finish strong and make my relationships in this house better than they were the day before. Living in Guatemala I have had so much freedom from the rest of the world not being consumed in it and it has allowed me to grow my relationship with the Lord and those around me. This week I will spend less time alone and more time with my team. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans 15:1