Field Time Week 24

“For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.”
John 6:38

This is my last full week of field time and my heart is breaking. It feels like yesterday I was landing here for the first time not knowing the Lord was about to flip my life what felt upside down. Guatemala has been both a wilderness and a refuge in the past 9 months. The Lord knew I would find Him here and He knew that I needed Guatemala more than Guatemala needed me. This year has been the best year of my life and it all started with a yes to the Lord. A yes to allow Him to work through me and break me of myself. I have never been more free in my entire life. I am reminded of the work that Jesus did for me on the cross and how his blood shed for my sins to set me free and gave me the life I have today. I no longer live for myself, but for Him who has brought me out of the darkest of places and into the light. He has given me a new life with a new love and hope in Him. I don’t know what going home looks like, but I am trusting that He has it in his hands. Wherever He calls me I will go not to do my own will but to do the will of Him who sent me. This week I will take the time to really reflect on all that the Lord has done the past 9 months and share it with someone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romans 15:1

Field Time Week 4